TLH COVID-19 Advisory
What is Coronavirus?
Coronaviruses are a group of viruses that cause diseases in mammals and birds, and respiratory tract infections in humans. Typically, these infections are mild, but rarer forms such as Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) can be lethal.
COVID-19 seems to be spread in a similar way to cold and flu bugs, through droplets created when a person coughs or sneezes being left on surfaces, which are then touched by other people and spread the disease further.
Symptoms of COVID-19 may include the following:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
If you have these symptoms, stay home and contact your health-care provider for medical guidance. Please do not show up at a clinic, urgent care, emergency room or other health facility without contacting them first. Your provider will need to take special measures to protect other people in the clinic.
- Wear a mask
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Wipe your hands with disposable paper towels or clean towels.
- Soap and water should always be used if hands are visibly dirty.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol immediately after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose, if hand washing facilities are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow (sleeve sneezing) or use a tissue when you cough or sneeze, and immediately dispose of the tissue in a covered bin
- If you feel unwell, stay at home
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- Ensure thorough cooking of meat and eggs
We, here at TLH, understand that staying focused and positive could be challenging in these trying times. Following are the Key Messages and Actions for COVID-19 Prevention and Control in Schools by UNICEF.
Do you have more questions?
Sui Gas Office Road, Gujranwala, Pakistan.